I run ultra marathons. This profiles my race reports and training runs. The good and the bad.

Thursday, January 22, 2015

I'm Back...Steve 50 2015

The 2015 event is almost here.

What: 50 mile run

Where: Miller's Meadow, 143rd & E. Pawnee, Wichita, Kansas
Directions:  From E. 47th Street South and I35 Wichita, Kansas 67216, map it right here

When:  March 14, 2015 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Additional Info:

The Steve 50 2015 is a fun walk/run for, well, FUN.  This is a family friendly event.  We will use it as an opportunity to raise funds for a fellow Kansas Ultrarunner, Dustin Birdsong.  His 2 year old son Browynnn has been diagnosed with a terminal brain tumor.

All donations and proceeds from tee shirt sales will be donated to the family. There will be a donation jar located at the manned aid station, located at the start/finish line.  This aid station will be fully stocked with water, heed, hammer gels, and standard ultra aid station fare, provided by KUS (Kansas Ultrarunners Society), of which I am a PROUD member.

The run will be on a 5 mile single track loop. Feel free to walk or run as much as you want.  Five or fifty, or anything in between.  Use this as an opportunity to get a training run in with the bonus of the aid station provided.  Run with some friends, even make some new ones.

Shirts can be ordered on a pre-order basis for $20.00 per shirt. If you would like to order shirts, please put your name, size and how many you want in the comments below, or email Steve at steve_j_baker7@yahoo.com.   Pre-orders will end February 15th. There will be limited shirts available the day of the run, but no guarantees.




There is no advance registration needed. Just show up and walk/run as much as you want. Come anytime between 7:00 and 7:00, whenever it is convenient for you.

3 comments:

  1. Steve you're doing a great thing! It's great to see ultrarunners treat each other like family throughout the US.

    I came across your site looking for parks/trails to run while visiting Wichita on business. I'm a CA ultrarunner looking to discover the local parks. Do you have any recommendations? I'll be staying in the Pawnee Prairie Park area.

    Sorry that CCC100 is a no go for you in 2015. I was entered in that lottery as well and didn't get in :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Frank, welcome to Wichita. Pawnee Prairie Park is fun to run. It is a 5 mile loop. There is a rails to trails that runs East and West through Wichita. It breaks up a little in town. There is also the trail my event is to be at. It is on the East side if town. It is also a 5 mile loop.
    If you are in town March 14th, you are invited to come out and join me. I am excited you found me. I don't post on here to often, but glad I created it to post about races i have done and be able to look back on them later.
    I am 150th on the wait list. I'm not sure I will get in. Will try again next year if I don't. How long you in town? Would you like to meet for a run?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Steve! Thanks for all the info - so glad to hear I'll be close to a local approved park (Pawnee). I WISH I were around for your event on March 14th. That sounds fun. I'm in town March 2-5 for work. I'll message you via Facebook to get together for a run during my time there.

    ReplyDelete