I run ultra marathons. This profiles my race reports and training runs. The good and the bad.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Post race training

Well it has been two week since I posted last. I will catch you all up on what went on. I went to training the Monday after the race and was able to participate. I was really surprised. I mostly did a lot of stretching and some sprints that were more like a light jog.

I went to training all three days the week after the race. I was able to do some weight training to second session and Friday got back up to doing actual sprints and feeling like I was able to give full effort. I chose not to do any training runs that week.

Last week I guess you can say I resumed a regular training schedule with both running and personal training. This week I had a different mind set when I was doing my training runs. I was not doing them because I knew I had to, I was doing them because I wanted to and was glad I had the ability to run, it felt really great.

Marquis is going to put me on some four day a week training sessions in the next couple of weeks to better prepare me for my next race weekend. It is 3 days of Syallmo which is a 50k on Friday and 50 mile on Saturday and a 20k on Sunday. There is going to be a ton of climbing in this race, so we are going to be doing a lot of resistance training to strengthen the legs.

Hear was my training schedule:

Monday- Training
Thursday- Training
Friday- Training

Monday- Training
Tuesday- 6 miles
Wednesday- 10 miles
Thursday- Training/8 miles
Friday- Training
Sunday- 10 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment