I run ultra marathons. This profiles my race reports and training runs. The good and the bad.

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Past training/Rockin' K

I am horrible at this blogging thing. I have not a tremendious amount of running training since Rocky Raccoon. I had 3 days of Syllamo shortly after. It didn't go real well. I did the 50k on Friday and got 10 miles into the 50 miler on Saturday and my Morton's neuroma really started acting up. Only I was not going at a real fast pace anyway and if I sat long enough for my foot to feel better, I wasn't going to be able to make the cut off times.

So I called it and went home instead of sticking around and doing the 20k on Sunday. I had a great time getting to know some of my Kansas City friends a little better. That made the trip worth it all. The trails in Arkansas are really pretty and very challenging. Expesically for a Wichitian.

After that we had the worst snow storms we have had here in 40 years. So training was nonexistant for a good two and a half weeks and getting ready for Rockin' K was difficult too. I had my worst showing there to date.

I struggled with blisters and me having super tender feet, it was pretty painful for me, but the most positive part about it was that my neuroma did not bother me at all. I will gladly take that trade off. It was 70+  degrees in the afternoon and the wind was blowing like crazy like it always does there.

I ended up third to last place, but that doesn't matter as much as the fact I finished it with the struggles I was having. I am very proud of myself for that. I stand by my slogan "It's not about the time, it's all about the finish". I finished in 12:28 and change.

I am having surgery this Friday morning to get my Morton's neuroma taken care of in my left foot. I will be totally down for 4 weeks and then I will start hitting it really hard. This will also give my back some time to rest and hopfully fell a lot better.

I am ready to see where I can go in the running world. I have had all kinds of setbacks, but that is not going to stop me from giving it my best effort. I have been continuing to traing with Marquis three times a week and have had a good time getting into the Insanity videos. I am constantly striving to get stronger and inprove my health.

Marquis has offered to increase my training to 4 days a week starting in May to help me get to the next level and beyond. I am looking forward to what is in store in the near future. I will do my best to keep you all posted on my progress.

I appreciate you all taking the time to read my blog and thanks for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment