I run ultra marathons. This profiles my race reports and training runs. The good and the bad.

Monday, December 17, 2012

7 weeks to go!!

Well I don't have anything profound to say. It was a good training week. The only thing I have been bummed about is not getting my Sunday run in. I have one of my grand kids on Sunday afternoons to spend some time with her and by the time I take her home, the day is just shot.

I am considering moving my time with her to Monday evening to free up that time to train. I don't think missing those runs is going to be detrimental to the success of completing races. I am getting some good mileage in each week, so I am very happy with where I am right now.

Training with Marquis is going really well. Patsy has a bum foot, so she took the night off tonight. I was one on one with him tonight. He worked me really hard and it felt great. He told me I have progressed well since coming back from back surgery. I was very encouraged by that.

This week is a fall back week. I am in need of some shorter runs. My body is holding up very well, considering how fast I have got up to 60+ miles a week. I was expecting some aches and pains, but the only pain I am dealing with is my back trying to heal. I am very thankful.

Here is a run down of this weeks runs.

Tuesday- 16 miles
Wednesday- 6.5 miles
Thursday- 13.8
Saturday- 26 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment