I run ultra marathons. This profiles my race reports and training runs. The good and the bad.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

1 week to go!!!

Well this week it was time to scale back on the miles to get prepared for the race next week. I went into the runs this week with the mind set of just get in the number. I did not push the pace or try to break a time I have done at that distance in the past.

Not going to lie, I am getting pretty nervous about next Saturday morning already. I fell I have prepared myself the best I could with the time constraint I was under. After I was released to train after my surgery, I knew I only had 11 weeks to get ready.

I made my own training plan and pushed the envelope in get the miles back to where they needed to be in a very short time. It was a plan that I would not suggest to anyone wanting advice in how they should create a training plan for themselves. The old saying "do as I say, not as I do."

I am excited to get back into the racing world. I am not a super competitive person anymore, but I love being in that atmosphere and interacting with other runners and hearing their stories of their past experiences and the story of how they got to where they are now.

You get to learn a lot about someone in a very short time. You have the luxury of being around people that you already have a like interest with. Looking forward to meeting new friends also. Please pray for me that my back will hold up okay.

Going to do a few more short runs early this week and training on Monday with Marquis.

Here is my week in review:
Monday- Training
Tuesday- 10 miles
Wednesday- Training/6 miles
Thursday- 8 miles
Friday- Training
Saturday- 14 miles
Sunday- Training

1 comment:

  1. Steve, you'll do great - if it's 90% mental and 10% attitude, you're as ready as you can be. Be safe and have fun. Looking forward to seeing you at Rockin' K (I'll be at the aid station, running the last 13 miles with some poor 50 mile soul), Hawk 100 (I'll be at an aid station there as well), and Heartland (I'll be blocking wind for you there as a participant - my focus this year is on "fewer" (5 races in total), "bigger" (more time to prep and "smaller" me with 25-30 lbs less weight), and "better" (cashing in all of my off-season work to finish and do well at those I run). Looking forward to hearing how the race goes!

    ReplyDelete