I run ultra marathons. This profiles my race reports and training runs. The good and the bad.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

2 weeks to go!!!

Well I made it through another week of training without a injury. That is a huge deal for me with a big race coming up. I again did not get all the miles in that I had planned on, but I am not worried about it.

I had a rough time on my Saturday run and my back just gave me fits on Sunday. I am trying the Icy/Hot patches and Thermocare braces. They are helping somewhat, but it still is pretty sore most of the time. I am looking forward to the day that I will be pain free.

My Saturday run started at 3:00 in the morning. I met a couple of fellow ultra running friends for a run. This helped me prepare for night running for my next race. I always like to get one or two of them in before a 100 mile race.

Not sure if I will do another night run before February 2nd, but glad I got one in. I fell good about how it went other than feeling sick during most of the run. I stayed up with the group for the first half of the run, but I fell back for the second half. I don't want to talk about that run anymore.

Well here is this weeks mileage and training:

Monday- Training
Tuesday- 19 miles
Wednesday- Training/7 miles
Thursday- 11 miles
Friday- Training
Saturday- 23.25 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment