I run ultra marathons. This profiles my race reports and training runs. The good and the bad.

Monday, January 7, 2013

4 weeks to go!!!

Well I didn't post last week, so I am going to play catch up. I have to admit. The week of Christmas, I was not very disciplined in getting my runs in. It was a fall back week for me, but I took that to the extreme. I did pick the coldest day we had to date and did one of my runs in it.

The other run I did was on the treadmill at the Y. It has turned in to one of my best friends during these months when the days are really short. I work till 3:30 or later anymore, so I don't have much daytime to get a good run in. I am missing my trail.

This week I got in all my runs but the most important one. The long one. The reason is that I went to Independence, Ks and ran the Winter 25k Flatrock at Elk State Park. So with a 2 hour drive there and back and the fact it took me four hours to do it, the day was just shot.

Sunday, I had church in the morning and training at 3:00 in the afternoon. I did not have a 6 to 7 hour block to get the long run in. I was disappointed that I was not able to get it in, but I felt like crap all day, I guess it was for the best.  I have two hard weeks to go before I scale it back for the race.

Week of Christmas:
Monday- Training/15 miles
Wednesday- Training
Friday- 10 miles

Last week:
Tuesday- 12 miles
Wednesday- Training/10 miles
Thursday- 16 miles
Friday- 8 miles
Saturday- 15.5 miles
Sunday- Training/2.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment