I run ultra marathons. This profiles my race reports and training runs. The good and the bad.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

First night run of the year

Well I set out about 8:45 for a night run. About 4 miles into it I had a face to face encounter with a opossum. We had a stare down and then he opened his mouth ans hissed at me and I yelled at him and he ran away. I had two other encounters with cats. Other than the anamial sightings, it was pretty uneventful. It was all on black top highway which I really dislike a lot. I almost made it to Newton and had Patsy come and get me. With the 50 mile race I ran last weekend, I found out my legs are not quite healed up yet and I started felling a nagging pain above my left ankle. With Freestates next weekend I did not see a reason to push through and hurt myself more than I already was. Now that it is the next day typing this, I fell pretty good. Muscles are a little sore, but the ankle is fine. Going to not run much this week to let my legs heal up. Looking forward to the 100k next weekend and see all my ultra running friend once again. I logged 19.48 miles in 3:47:07.

No comments:

Post a Comment