I run ultra marathons. This profiles my race reports and training runs. The good and the bad.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Fress State 100K Race Report

There isn't a whole lot to say about this race.  It was uneventful. 

I had a rough ten miles from 20 to 31, I think I went out too fast, did the first 20 in under 4 hours.  Was running with friends I don't see often and time and speed got away.  20 to 31 took me 2:40 due to lack of energy and stomach issues.

I got fueled up and went 30 to 40 in about 1:30.  One of the aid station volunteers, Chris Wristen, fellow runner from two weeks ago Rockin K, he ran the marathon, did a little work on my toes and the last 20 I felt good.

The last 30 miles I didn't get passed by anyone.  I passed at least a dozen people on the last 9 miles to the finish line.  I finished strong and felt pretty good at the end of the race.

I wasn't nearly as sore as I was after the Rockin K 50 miles. 

Ran 62 miles in 13:24 and was 20th out of 58.






No comments:

Post a Comment