I run ultra marathons. This profiles my race reports and training runs. The good and the bad.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Recovery Week

Muscles were really sore for a few days after the race.  I had not planned on running for the week, but was able to commute home via foot for recovery, but I walked, I didn't run.

I think this really helped alleviate the lactic acid and forced my muscles to relax. 

I did a couple of upper body weights work outs as well.

For my first longish run today I decided to run with Patsy to see where my legs were before getting back into full swing training. 

I knew running with her it would be an easier run, and for the first 11 miles I felt pretty fresh.  The last 5 I felt the onset of fatigue in my legs. 

I always find that when I set out for a run and know how far I'm going, that is when I'm done. When I get to 8 miles, I know I'm half done.  As I get closer to finishing, my mind and my body check out, and I know that I'm not going beyond the 16 I planned to do.  I find this happens on shorter and longer distances as well.  If I'm running home from work, I'm done at 5.25.  If I'm running 28 miles, I'm done at 28 miles. 

Todays distance was 16.03 in 4:06:11.

No comments:

Post a Comment