I run ultra marathons. This profiles my race reports and training runs. The good and the bad.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Back to training

I have taken a good amount of time off training letting my Achillles heal and thank God it feels great. I went to the Y last night and did a shoulder and calf workout.

Today I went out to acclimate myself to the 100+ temps we are having here in Kansas. I was doing pretty good through 2 miles of running and then I was losing energry. Minus last Saturday's run, I have not ran in two weeks, so I belive that was a contributing factor. I did some walk/running and then I just decided to power walk the rest.

I went 5.06 miles in 1:05:15.

I am going to the Y tonight and doing a Core Express class and then I will do a chest and back workout.

I am really excited. Patsy found a personal trainer at the South Y.  He specializes in strength, endurance and agility training.  He told her that you don't get many guarantees in life, but he guarantees she will get faster.  He's going to train us together and I cannot wait to get started next week.  He also claims to help build mental endurance as well.  So I can go 105 miles next time. I have been looking for ways to get faster and stronger for my running. I believe that it is going to help immensely. 

It's a 6 week 16 sessions, so it's going to be pretty intense.

No comments:

Post a Comment