I run ultra marathons. This profiles my race reports and training runs. The good and the bad.

Friday, June 15, 2012

Catch up

I have really dropped the ball posting this week. I want to catch you up on what I did the last 7 days. Last Saturday I ran Storm the Dam Half-marathon Trail Race for the fourth year in a row. I have ran this race every year since it started.

I ran the race with Patsy and we had a great time enjoying the trail. The only part that we don't like is from mile 8-10. This is just a field mowed down. There are clumps of grass and hoof impressions all over from riding in muddy conditions.

This is the famous Sheila's loop. Patsy's best friend Sheila ran it 3 years ago and really hated that area also. So Patsy gave it that name. The first 3 miles is ran on private land and it is technical single track trails and then you climb the hill to the top of the dam and run along the top for a mile or so then you enter Sheila's loop.

You then follow the far West side the Eldorado lake up a hill and do a 1 mile loop that is similar to Sheila's loop, but not as long, then you go into my favorite part of the course. There are two very wooded trail heads that are very beautiful to run in. You then run through a camping area over a bridge to the finish.

Ran 13.1 miles in 3:04:42

I went to the Y four times this week. I was able to get in a full body workout and went to two Core Express classes. I did not run at all this week letting my Achilles heal up. Going to do a couple of short runs next week to knock off the rust. Will be heading the Sturgis, SD this Thursday to pace my friend at Black Hills 100. I get to run the last 50 miles with him. Very stoked to see him complete his first 100 mile finish!!

I almost forgot. I ran home from work this last Monday. The rest of the days I have been walking. The starter is out on my car, so Patsy is taking me and I am walking home.

Ran 5.25 miles in 50:59.

No comments:

Post a Comment