I run ultra marathons. This profiles my race reports and training runs. The good and the bad.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Wednesday Training

Well I thought I would be able to be the rain that was headed our way, but I was wrong. It started raining on me about 2 miles into my run. I was running from my house to the Keeper of the Plains. The rain came down pretty heavy, but that did not bother me all that much.

I ran out of it and it was pretty cool out, so my pace was pretty quick. Got to the turn a round point and I could see another round of rain coming from the West, so I bumped my pace up a little faster, thankfully I was having a great running day.

About 7 miles into the run it started to come down in 55 gallon drums and around 3 or 4 minutes after that, it started to hail. The first on that hit me square on the top of the head startled me and really hurt, but after I knew what it felt like, it wasn't so bad.

Just before it started hailing Patsy drove by and found me and asked if I was okay or wanted a ride home. At this point neither her nor I knew it was going to hail in the matter of a minute. I told her I an doing great, a little rain is not going to hurt anything.

She drove off and I thought I was not going to see her till I got home. She got down the rode and it started hailing and little did I know, she parked in a parking lot and waited for me to pick me up and rescue me. Glad for it too. It came down for quite a while and the stones got larger before it stopped.

I ran 8 miles in 1:09:24.

No comments:

Post a Comment