I run ultra marathons. This profiles my race reports and training runs. The good and the bad.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Saturday River Run/long run

Did something pretty special this morning. Got to run the River Run (2 mile) with Whitney, my youngest daughter. She did great. We both wore matching clothes. We have had the same shorts for sometime, but we went and found some royal blue running shirts.

We were laughing at all the people running in place and doing all the non-sense that runners do before a typical road race. It is ridiculous. We were off and could not start running till after we crossed the starting line.

The whole race we did nothing but dodge walkers and slow people. It was terrible. About a mile and a half into the run, Whitney had the use the restroom, so we stopped and we were off to the finish. Stopped in the food tent and had some bread, fruit and I had a breakfast burrito.

Whitney got one of the metals to add to our collection. I think she had a good time. I was glad to share that time with her. After that we went home and I got ready to go out for the rest of my training run. I left straight up 11:00 and was off on yet another tour around Wichita.

Was able to keep my pace at a 10:30 minute pace all day. Took very few walking breaks and my water stops were a lot faster than they have been as of late. Patsy texted me around 24 miles into my run and asked me if I would like anything. I requested a p,b&j sandwich a banana and some ice water.

She showed up at 28 miles and I figured out that I was farther away from home than the distance that I had planned to do today. So I decided to ride home with her and convinced her to go for a run so I can finish the miles I needed for today. She really did not fell good today, but she agreed to go.

She had a pretty rough time, but she told me she was glad I drug her out. Nothing was going right for her which I can relate with more than you know. I really felt bad I drug her out.

I ran 40 miles in 8:01:47.

1 comment: