I run ultra marathons. This profiles my race reports and training runs. The good and the bad.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Marking trail

Yesterday evening Tony Brown came out and helped me mark the trail. He has a lot of local knowledge on those trails.  Some of the areas that we wanted to get into was overgrown, so I had to use more of the sidewalk than I had planned to use.

It is a 4.25 mile loop give or take a .10 of a mile or so. After it was marked, I told Tony that I was going to go out and run another loop for a two fold reason. First, to see if the way I marked it made sense to me to follow. Second, I attempted to patch a bladder together on my Camelback with Super Glue and needless to say, it did not hold up.

The whole back of my body was soaked, so I wanted to run another lap to dry off a bet before I got in the car to go home. Well it worked pretty well. and I did not get off track at all. I have friends coming in from out of town to run. This is very humbling for me. Looking forward to spending some time on the trails tomorrow.

Ran 8.5 miles in 1:36:48

No comments:

Post a Comment