I run ultra marathons. This profiles my race reports and training runs. The good and the bad.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Random Training

I have been trying to find a good location for the Steve 50 this year and so I went to a couple of locations and ran the trails at each location and accumulated 5.5 miles doing so. I did settle on Pawnee Prairie Park here in Wichita. Here is a link to the website. It is May 19th and we will start at 7:00 am. Leave a comment if you have any questions and are interested in participating.    http://www.wichita.gov/CityOffices/Park/Parks/PawneePrairie/

I am on facebook and Twitter if you would like to friend/follow me, If you would like to ask me questions about the run there also. It is free and there will be burgers and the fixings after the run.

Yesterday a ran 4 miles on the trail with Patsy and today after I got off work I was able to do another 10 miles on the trails. I purchased a pair on New Balance MT101's at Sports Authority last night on clearance and tried them out today. They were different than any other pair of shoes I have ever had before. They are a minimalist shoe. Very light weight and they have pretty good protection from rocks and other debris in the ball of the shoe.

My feet are going to take a bit to get used to them. I am used to wearing a shoe with extra support. This will help toughen my feet up a bit I hope.

Recap: Ran 5.5 miles and did not keep track of the time.
            Ran 4 miles in 50:07
            Ran 10 miles in 1:43:40

No comments:

Post a Comment