I run ultra marathons. This profiles my race reports and training runs. The good and the bad.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thursday training

After I got off work I threw on my running clothes just consisting of a pair of shorts of course. Filled my bottles and off I went. I took my West Wichita route. It was right around 90 degrees and just a slight breeze for Kansas, just perfect for me.

Kept a tempo I was happy with through out the run. Being an ultra runner, a 10:00 mile for me is a decent pace that I am thrilled with. I train at a pace that I want to try to sustain through out an actual race minus the hills, then I power walk as fast as my legs will move.

Within the first mile I was soaked with sweat, it was great. I am a little strange in that I really love to sweat. Fluids could not go down fast enough. Two bottles usually last me around 10-12 miles. I went through both bottles today in a little under 7 miles. So easy to forget how you have to adjust in the summer.

After the run I was still really thirsty. I drank a 32 oz. glass of water, took a shower and headed to the Y for Core Express class and a lower body workout. Took frequent trips to the water fountain and after I get home, I am still thirsty, geez! Well I will get caught up before the evening is over.

I ran 15.06 miles in 2:48:03.

No comments:

Post a Comment