I run ultra marathons. This profiles my race reports and training runs. The good and the bad.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Steve's Fun Run

Well I believe that this was the most successful "Steve 50" yet. There was a total of 6 runners that came out, but they were all a blast to run with. Mark Berry from Omaha, NE, Dustin Birdsong from Marquette, KS came as well as Stuart Ray from Andover and Tony Brown from Bentley. I also got to meet two new runners that happen to see the run on Tony Brown's Dailymile page. Ron Micah La Point and Jonathon Goering from Wichita. These are some fun guys to hang around with. They kept me laughing the whole time I they were there.

We were just about to load everything into the car and low and behold, two guys walk up and ask "are you Steve?". I said "yes". It was Ron and Jonathon. They immediately went for the food. I told them they are going to have to run with me to pay for that food. They gladly agreed. They ran one loop with me and we loaded up and went home.

Each loop was around 4.35 miles long. Everyone that came was in no condition to run 50 miles, so I decided before I even started that I was going to go no more than a 50k. We didn't quite make it the 50k distance. Everyone else was done and Patsy had been the wonderful crew that she always is. So I did not want her to have to sit at the shelter any longer.

Ron and Jonathon were game to run more laps with me, but they understood that Patsy would most likely want to get out of the heat and go home. I ended up running 6 loops. Mark ran the first two loops with me and had to back off. He had just ran a 50 mile race the weekend before. Stuart and Dustin was able to run three loops and Ron and Jonathon was only able to run one loop. I believe Tony ran one and a half loops with me and volunteered to go pick up most of the flags and Patsy got the rest of them.

Patsy cooked burgers and put out quite a spread of food to eat. No one went away hungry. I want to thank each one that came. I really enjoyed our time on the trails. I hope you all come back next year. Planning to do the Steve 50 in March next year. I hope there will be less conflicts and more people will be able to come and enjoy time running together.

Ran 26 miles in 5:13:01 

No comments:

Post a Comment