I run ultra marathons. This profiles my race reports and training runs. The good and the bad.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Back to Back

Well Saturday morning I wanted to beat the heat once again, so I started my long run at 3:00AM. Unlike last Friday night when I was able to get about 4 hours of sleep before I got up to run at 2:00 AM. This time I wasn't so lucky. I laid down around 11:00 and just tossed and turned and was not able to get any sleep.

I set my alarm for 2:30, but I did not need it. I got up at 2:22 and started to get things ready to go. At this point I have technically been up since 5:00 AM Friday morning. My plan was to park at the QT at Maple & Tyler and do 4 mile loops.

I started out going East on Maple toward Ridge and not even 2 minutes in I came up close with a skunk. I made some kind of noise and he scurried across the street. I breathed a sigh of relief. I can say that was the most eventful part of the run.

The first 4 mile loop was as I said starting down Maple to Ridge to Central and then down Tyler back to the QT. I did not like that way because it had too many low limbs to maneuver around. So my next loop I decided to go to the West and go Maple to Maize to Central to Tyler. This worked a lot better for me so I stuck with that.

There is a lot of rowdy folks out at 3:00 AM I noticed. Quite a few people were pulled over and I saw one police car race down the street at a pretty high rate of speed going to a call. Not a good time to be out and about. No one bothered me on the sidewalks at all thankfully.

I ran 30 miles in 6:39:17

I was able to sleep a full 11 hours Saturday night into Sunday morning. Boy, Saturday was a tough day. I tried to take a nap, but could not sleep. I didn't start my Sunday run till around 5:30 in the evening.

I saw a couple of great friends along the way which is pretty unusual for me. Not in that I don't have great friends, but that I hardly ever run past any on my training runs. I ran into a friend from church Adam Dreher and his son Sutton, and an ulra running friend Hannah McBeth and sorry I did not stay around and make small talk to meet the friend she was running with.

It was great to see you all.

I ran 16 miles in 3:09:06.

No comments:

Post a Comment