I run ultra marathons. This profiles my race reports and training runs. The good and the bad.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Overnight Run

This is the 3rd out of 4 weeks that I have ran either early in the morning or all night like I did last night. I left the house 11:30 last night and set out on my long Saturday run. I took off really fast and sustained under a 11:00 mile pace the first half which was 2:47 and some change.

About 5 miles into my run I got to see a fox. What a sight to watch it run. I have never seen one in person before other than the zoo. Then at 15 miles in I saw three raccoons together. I have heard they are very mean, so I went to the other side of the road and contiued on.

On the way back I ran acrossed a guy passed out on the sidewalk on Douglas. He was in his mid twenties. I woke him up and made sure he was okay. He was drunk as a skunk. I just didn't want him to get picked up by the police or mugged. This was around 3:00 in the morning.

That was all the excitment I had on the run other than a couple of rabbits hopping around closer to home. My legs felt a little tired from the training sessions this week. This is the first week that we did three sessions in a week. This first two weeks, we only did two per week. We will do three a week for the next five weeks and then hit a new schedule, as this is basically an 8 week boot camp.  Having already seen marked results in three short weeks, we will continue to work with him.

Stopped at my usual QT's. I like them because they are clean and they have a good selection of items to choose from. I had a piece of cake the first stop, dounts the second stop, a turky sandwich and a Snickers bar the third stop and grapes on the last stop. This is the types of food I like to use to fuel me on my training runs.  Plus, we have no sweets at home.

The temps were great. I believe it was around 82 to 85 when I started and I believe it got down to around 75. It made it so much easier to run. Next weekend I will be doing the Lunar Trek 100k which starts at 9:00pm. I wanted to do these early morning and overnight runs to prepare me for that.

I ran 32 miles in 6:05:24.  

No comments:

Post a Comment