I run ultra marathons. This profiles my race reports and training runs. The good and the bad.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Session 5

Session 6 was today and the back was bothering me, but I wanted to see what I could handle. Along with running, the exercise kept it loose and I didn't have really any issues. We started out of course with a couple of laps on the indoor track, but he wanted them to be at almost a sprint.

We did more push ups and right into 6 in. raises with spreading your legs out, bringing them back together, hold for a moment, then we were able to rest. Repeated this around 4 times. He took us right into free weights doing bicep curls. Three reps with both hands at the same time and one slow rep with one hand at a time. That was considered one time. We did that 10 times.

After that we ran short sprints outside behind the Y to the parking lot, back to the door where Marquis held the door open, up the flight of stairs and down, and back outside. Not sure how many reps we did, we did this till I caught Patsy. We did this twice. With a lot of interest and applause from the families watching their children in gymnastics. None of them were willing to join us.

More weights in the big weight room. Marquis specializes in cross fit training. Reverse push ups with sets of pullups, more reverse push ups, pull ups where I had to pull my feet to my hands on the bar, more reverse pull ups and the last set I had to pull my feet to the bar and swing back, but couldn't let my feet touch the ground. Very hard.

For the last 30 minutes we went outside to the football field. With the 16 pound medicine ball. Marquis threw the ball, I chased it and threw it, Patsy chased mine and threw it and so on till we did the length of the football field and back.

Next I had to throw the ball, chase it, and repeat this by myself to the end of the field. Then we reversed it, I had to throw it backward over my head, turn and run to it and repeat this for 100 yards.

Marquis said we had one more, we were going to bear crawl and push the medicine ball in front of us. Patsy went first and pushed it to the length of the football field. Wore her out. Basically, pushed it with one hand, crawled to it, pushed it ahead with the other hand, crawled, I ended pushing it 120 yards. This was very hard. It is supposed to mimic using the same muscles you would use climbing up a steep hill. He said he had a funny story to tell us when we were done.

When we were finished, he told us that it was supposed to be a joke. When he showed us what we were going to do and asked who wanted to go first, Patsy volunteered and did it. He was going to stop her at the 20 yard line, but she kept going. So he let her finish, and then let me go before he told us the joke. We left him speechless, he said we are pushing him to come up with ways to challenge us. He also commented again that we are his only clients that he hasn't made throw up.

No comments:

Post a Comment