I run ultra marathons. This profiles my race reports and training runs. The good and the bad.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Thursday's special treat

I had a special friend come into town Wednesday and asked if she could come hang out and have dinner. We were very excited to hear she was in town. Sophia is a ultra running friend that I have come to be very good friends with. She happens to love Patsy and her cooking too.

She came over around 8:30 and I believe she left around 12:00. We have so much fun just chit chatting about anything and everything. Even things that have nothing to do with running surprisingly. She brought her dog this time and he is very well mannered.

I asked her how long she was going to be in town and she said till Friday morning. I asked her if she was up for a run tomorrow evening and she jumped at the opportunity.I was very excited myself. Someone I look up to in the ultra running world wanted to run with me.

I was also excited to show her my training grounds. I have to leave it at that for reasons that if I said I would be incriminating myself.  We met at my house a little after 6:30 and left shortly after. We had great conversation mostly related to running since we were on a run. We talked about a KC friend Danny Miller, If I do not get into Cascade Crest in 5 weeks, I will be pacing him. (I am moving up slowly on the wait list, have jumped over 3 spots.  Keeping my fingers crossed). So I was asking a little about him to be better prepared on how to be the most beneficial to him beings I don't know him. The first 5 miles clicked off pretty quick and we got to our water stop/turn a round. Patsy dropped a water cooler off for us.

We made our way back and I took her on a slightly different route back so she could see the other trails that I am get to run on. She was very impressed with what I get to train on. We got back to the house and asked if she wanted dinner and she gratefully said yes.

I am so thankful to have genuine friends like that who do not judge you in anyway and doesn't care whether I am the fastest runner or slowest. She just loves us for who we are (and I thank you for that Sophia).

We ran 10 miles in 1:55:07.

No comments:

Post a Comment