I run ultra marathons. This profiles my race reports and training runs. The good and the bad.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Session 3/Long weekly run

Well we had session 3 yesterday of our personal training and it was exhausting. He asked us to meet him at WSU stadium. We did our warm-up routine and he had us do some short sprints and increased the distance each time. He noticed that I was a little stiff on my form, so he had us lean up against the wall and do high kicks so I would be able to relax better, then we did more wind sprints.

We went into the bleachers of the stadium and he had me run up on the bleachers and down the stairs. This was very tough. If you don't know anything about WSU's stadium, it is quite big and the bleachers go up for what seems like a quarter mile. (I know it's not that far, but it seems like it.) I believe I had to do this 6 or 7 times.

Then I had to do high kicks just up the stairs about half way up. I am not sure how many times we did this. Then he took us in the concourse and the way you get from one level to the next is a steady incline walk that has switch backs. I would say the grade goes up 20 feet of climb and it is around a 100 feet in length.

He gave me 2:00 and  up and back down was one trip and he asked that I do it 7 times. I barely made it with 5 seconds to spare. The whole session I never could get my breath and my legs turned into jelly. He just said that each session is just going to get a little harder. I say bring it on, it can only make me stronger for race days coming up.

I was supposed to run Tuesday, but I elected not to. I usually run before our personal training session, but I was unable to. Our daughter has been out of town with a friend and her family for a week and a half and she was going to be coming home shortly before we were to leave for our training session. So I wanted to be home when she arrived.

After the training session, we stopped at the store and got some things for dinner and by the time my food settled enough to go run, it was getting really late and so I decided to put that run off till Friday which is normally a rest day.

Today I did my Wednesday miles and did 8 miles out on the trail and waited till Patsy got home and did my other 4 with her since I knew that is how many miles she was going to run today.

I ran 12 miles in 2:24:34

No comments:

Post a Comment