I run ultra marathons. This profiles my race reports and training runs. The good and the bad.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

This weeks progress

Well we had our introductory meeting for our speed, agility and strength training on Monday and started our first workout today, it was intense. We started with a light jog around the football field and then went through a series of active stretches.  This basically meant that we did lunges for 5 yards, high kicks for five yards, etc.

He had us do some sprint work, working on long strides to the 10 yard and back, 20 and back, 30 and back, 40 and back and then worked our way back the other way.

We then went to resistance sprints. He would wrap three resistance bands around our waist and we would have to sprint 25 yards and back. We switched out twice and then he had us sprint one way with the band 50 yards and walk back.

Then we went to some circut training which was one squat with a 15 or 20 pound ball and throw it, then pick it up and do it again to the 20 yard line. Then, pick it up and run back carrying the ball. The other circut was jumping both feet together over a series of small hurdles and sprint back and repeat till the other person is done with the other circut.

He had us do shuttles which is sprint to the 25 yard line and back repeated 6 times. He wanted us to do it in 56 seconds. (In week 3 we have to do this twice) I came in at right at 52 or 53 seconds.

Then inside for a killer ten minute core workout.  With the 2-3 times a week I attend core express classes, I didn't expect this to be as hard as it was, but he did push me.

What a first day. Looking forward to seeing our progress. I am doing this to have more endurance and strength with hills in races.

Monday I sneaked in a run before our appointment with the trainer. I ran 7 miles in 1:20:11. Not a knock out performance, but glad to get in a run on a rest day since my Sunday run was cut short.

After work today I got my training run in before I went and did the madness I just told you about. I had decent run. I tried to keep a consistant pace to whole time. No walk run this time. Had to wait at street lights, that was my only breaks.

I ran 8 miles in 1:25:58.

No comments:

Post a Comment