I run ultra marathons. This profiles my race reports and training runs. The good and the bad.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Mashup

Well this week has been a little awkward as far as training goes. The only run I have done on the day it was scheduled was Wednesday. The rest have been a bust till today. I did Tuesday's 8 miles, Thursday's 10 miles and part of Saturday's training run today.

I started in the heat of the day which is pretty normal for me and it was tough. I have ran this route before and had the same result. I ran by the West Y here in Wichita and I was really hot. So I decided to finish out my miles there. Last time I ran that way, it was very cold.

It was 8 miles to the Y. Then I got on a treadmill and knocked out another 5 miles and took a quick break to fill my bottles and use the restroom. At this point I have not eaten anything. I also took this time to call Patsy to arrange for her to pick me up.

I was feeling really light headed at this point and I knew exactly why. I was really low on calories. I needed some food. I did not bring any and I only had my debit card, so I could not get anything out of the vending machine.

I decided to get back on the treadmill and tough it out as long as I could before Patsy got there to get me. I made it 2 miles and I did not have the energy I needed to keep going at that time. I got a long break sitting and waiting for her to come get me. It felt good to sit for a while.

We went to the store and got some things for dinner and headed home. After eating my great salad, I was rejuvenated. So I went out and did the other 3 I needed to get me up to date and decided to get a jump on tomorrow's miles and ran 2 of them too.

This is a fall back week for me, so my Saturday run is only 14 miles. Our personal training session got rescheduled to this Saturday which worked well as that was Whitney's last evening with us for yet another out of town trip to see some family in Seattle, so we took her out for dinner and did some shopping.

Tomorrow morning we get to help with a 10k race, the Titan 10K Summer Scorcher, a fundraiser for the South High cross country team. We are calling out times at mile markers 4 and 5 and throwing in some encouragement.  (You can show up and register at 6:00 a.m. race starts at 7:00 a.m. at South High Carpenter Stadium).  Should be a fun time. Then we are going to do our training runs. Then on to our fourth personal training session. It's going to be a busy Saturday.

I ran 20 miles in 3:31:34

No comments:

Post a Comment