I run ultra marathons. This profiles my race reports and training runs. The good and the bad.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

South to North


We thought we had our introductory appointment for our strength and agility training. He texted us and said today, but called back and said he meant tomorrow night. I said all that to say that I just planned to run home from our training.

I knew it wasn't going to be the distance I needed today, but something is better than nothing. To get a little bit more distance, I decided to run to Seneca and then head North toward home. I started at the QT on Meridian and MacArthur.

I did not have the mojo today. I walk/ran the whole time. Tried gels and it really didn't give me the boast I was looking for. So I just made the best of it and ran hard then tried to walk as little as possible.

With the heat, I never felt I drank enough, but felt like I was water logged the whole time. I didn't care, I drank anyway. Everything felt great considering I ran almost 30 miles yesterday. I do believe that contributed to the fact I did not have the energy I was looking for tonight.

Patsy was out and about and happened to see me and drove up to me and I gladly just got into the car cutting my run even shorter than it already was. I know that some of you may read this and consider this run a failure, but I did get out and run. That is always a victory in itself. I also realize not running for two weeks and jumping right back into my training plan is going to be a little tough at first.

I ran 8.70 miles in 1:52:01.

No comments:

Post a Comment