I run ultra marathons. This profiles my race reports and training runs. The good and the bad.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Wednesday's Run

Wednesday is the longest weekday run I have each week. Carving time out for this is a big commitment. I took off on a route that would lead me toward the West side of town. I always enjoy the time I am at SCP, because there is so many others out running, roller blading, walking and biking.

It was a very hot afternoon. I believe it was 106. I left home at 3:00, so I was right in the hot of the day. The first 4.5 miles was a breeze. Then the heat hit me and I struggled the rest of the way. I ended up stopping at QT's to cool down. I do use these for my water stops, but I purchased something to eat each time and took a few extra minutes to make sure I was okay to go back out.

I am not a big fan of pouring cold water on my head during a run, but it felt really good that day. Pouring it right on the back of your neck is the best way to cool your core temperature the fastest. I went shirtless on the way out, but I decided to wear it on the way back, so the sweat would help cool me down a bit.

I ran 16.36 miles in 3:26:20.

No comments:

Post a Comment