I run ultra marathons. This profiles my race reports and training runs. The good and the bad.

Friday, July 6, 2012

Thursday training

I went to the Y a couple of hours early to get my training run in before our personal training session. I decided to do my training run on the treadmill this time. I was going to be out in the heat for our training session.

I ran 10 miles in 1:39:48

We had our second training session with Marquis yesterday. Started out with the warm up lap and the stretch routine he showed us the first day. He laid out a rope ladder on the ground and had us do 6 different variations of foot work through half of the ladder and hop the other half. With each variation, we would do 3 to 4 trips per.

Then we had to do bear crawl. First, we just went 10 yards out and back. Then he increased ten yards at a time with the last one a bear crawl to the 50 yard line. This was really taxing on the shoulders and legs, but especially on the palms of my hands. The turf was really hot.

The good news was that we were going inside, but that did not mean for a rest break.  He took us to the back hallway of the Y and pointed at the stairs and said we would be getting to know them very well today. We did 6 different variations of footwork on the stairs with multiple trips up and down.

The last one was skipping a step and I think he had me do that one around 10 times up and a back down being one trip. He really got my legs to burning on that one. He gave us a little insight what we were in for in the next couple of weeks and frankly, I'm a little scared.

He is so impressed with how we are doing that he wants to video us so he can put it on his website to demonstrate and promote this type of training. That is pretty cool.  He has clients in all stages of fitness, from the very obese, a blind man, and former athletes returning to a work out regimen after years of inactivity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment