I run ultra marathons. This profiles my race reports and training runs. The good and the bad.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Session 7

Before Sophia came over to meet me for a run, we had our 7th session with the personal trainer. We stayed inside this time thank God, but that did not mean it was going to be easy.  This was our 4th hour long session in 6 days as we are now going 3x a week and that is a body shock.

We did our usual warm up laps and some quick push ups to warm up our chest/upper body because we were going to use those muscles. 

We did sets of push ups with bear crawl sprints with straight legs, stopping at the half way point to do more push ups.  Then we did squats with weights and chest work at the same time, followed by bicep curls with resistance bands and a burn out set.  Sets are 45 seconds to 2 minutes long.   Couple of sprint laps and into burpees and planks. 

More laps and then into core.  His ten minute core workout is way harder than any 30 minute core class I have ever taken.  8 different sets of exercises with your legs 6 inches off the ground. 

We ended running stairs at the back of the Y, doing lunges and squats up the stairs.   He had me do the duck crawl on the stairs also.  He is pushing me to do things I would never think of on my own, and in ways I wouldn't sustain by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment