I run ultra marathons. This profiles my race reports and training runs. The good and the bad.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July 4th training run

Wednesday is the longest week day training run. Was very glad to be off work today. I slept in till 11:15. Not a very good idea when temps are going to soar a little over 100 today. Got up and ate a pb&j and a banana, then I got ready to go for my run.

Got out of the house around 12:00. Stepped out into the sauna. I just told myself, just slow and steady today. After all my training yesterday, I was pretty worn out before I even started. I ran at a 10:00 mile pace and then I took frequent power walk breaks. This continued through the whole run.

My wife told me that she read in Runner's World that running in the heat is a good way to train for altitude. With the possibility of getting into Cascade Crest 100 this year, this is my fuel for getting out there in the heat for my training runs.

If you don't have the mountains, do what you can to improvise your training to per pare for what you are about to embellish. That is also why I agreed to join my wife in the speed, agility and endurance training.

The first 7 miles I did with the Infinit product I use and on the way back I filled one of my bottles with fountain Gatorade and the other with ice cold water. With using the Infinit product,. I do not use salt tablets or any gels. On the way back not having Infinit, decreased the amount of energy I needed to run more efficiently.

Never the less, I made it back with a negative split. Got to the turn a round in 1:29 and change and finished in 2:50:56. The energy level was not there, but the will to get this thing done was much stronger. I dug deep and got it done.

I ran 14 miles in 2:25:56.  

No comments:

Post a Comment